- 1 1/4 Litre Milk, full cream
- Rice, soaked
- 1 Gram Saffron (broiled)
- 30 Gram PIstachios
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Rose water
Kesar Pista Phirni
Ingredients of Kesar Pista Phirni
- 15 Gram Pistachio (slivered)
- 1/2 Gram Saffron (broiled)
- 2 Tsp Rose petals (dried)
How to Make Kesar Pista Phirni
- Pick, wash and soak rice for 1 ½ hours.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan and set aside. Drain and grind the rice coarsely.
- Broil saffron and set aside. Blanch pistachios, peel and cut into slivers.
- Add the coarsely ground rice paste to the milk and cook stirring continuously so that there are no lumps and it does not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add Sugar and mix. Add green cardamom powder, saffron and mix. Add rose water. When the mixtures start thickening take it off the flame.
- Pour into soaked Kasoras / earthenware pots and keep them in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 1 ½ hours. garnished with slivered pistachio nuts, saffron and dried rose petals.
- Serve chilled.