- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, small dice
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice, (I either use white or brown rice)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sliced green onions for garnish, if desired
Guest at Home? Fried Rice Is Always a Good Choice
Ingredients of Fried Rice
How to Make Fried Rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter into a large skillet.
- Add the eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter into the pan.
- Add carrots and onion to the pan and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in the cold rice and peas and sauté for 3-4 minutes. The rice should brown up a bit.
- Add the eggs back to the pan and stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately with green onions for garnish, if desired.