- 6 – 8 cloves garlic, very finely sliced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola, grapeseed or other neutral flavoured oil)
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted), divided
- 1 ½ cups white rice, medium or long grain is best (raw)
- ¼ – ½ cup scallions, finely sliced
- White pepper
GARLIC BUTTER RICE
Ingredients of Garlic Butter Rice
- 15 Gram Pistachio (slivered)
- 1/2 Gram Saffron (broiled)
- 2 Tsp Rose petals (dried)
How to Make Kesar Pista Phirni
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic slices and saute, moving constantly, until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Pour out excess oil then return to the stove.
- Add 2 tbsp butter. Once melted, add garlic. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavour.
- Add rice, stir to coat in garlic butter.
- Add broth, place lid on saucepan. Bring to simmer then immediately turn down to medium low.
- Cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice. Tilt saucepan to check.
- Remove from stove but leave lid on. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, transfer into serving bowl. Stir through remaining butter and scallions, or garnish as per photos. Sprinkle with crispy garlic. Serve.